Sep 21 2012 By Camilla Goodman
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a restaurant last night where there was a fire in the kitchen.
Two crews from Amersham and one from Chesham were called to Mexican restaurant Chimichanga, in The Broadway, Old Amersham at about 8.30pm last night (Sep 20) after staff reported a smell of burning from the kitchen area.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera and traced it to a supply box of the ventilation unit in the kitchen, where there was a small amount of fire and smoke damage.
They closed down the power supply and one of the crews remained at the restaurant for an extra 30 minutes to monitor the situation and left at about 9.40pm.
The restaurant closed early at 8.30pm, instead of its usual time of 11pm, but reopened as normal today.
Chimichanga spokesman Eddie Gershon said: "A member of staff saw smoke from the supply box of the ventilation unit.
"There were no flames, but as a precaution the fire brigade were called."