Firemen rescued a woman and a boy when a fire raged through shops in Broad Street, Chesham today (Friday September 14).
The fire is believed to have started when rubbish at the rear of the shops caught alight, rapidly spreading into the building.
An emergency call was sent out and two fire engines from Amersham sped to the scene.
The fire was extinguished and firemen carried out smoke checks on four adjacent homes.
The woman and the boy – who have not yet been named – were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.